Awwww sisters sisters all grown up and married and now babies
Originally posted on Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com:
Thanks for welcoming celebrity blogger Tamera Mowry-Housley!
Best known for her roles on Sister, Sister and Strong Medicine, the actress currently stars on Tia & Tamera, airing Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on Style.
I first started making homemade pancakes about three years ago when pregnant with my first son I developed Gestational Diabetes and needed some wholesome, homemade and satisfying recipes to get me through the day without spiking my blood glucose level, I experiment with a few recipes and thankfully this one was born ( no pun intended).
The pumpkin can be substituted for any fruit or vegetable of your hearts desire and the wheat germ and flaxseed are also optional, personally I make them with the flaxseed and wheat germ and my kids and hubby can’t get enough of them whenever I make them.
I like to make them in big patches and freeze them in ziplock bags, then they can be toasted or microwaved on mornings when you are in a rush for a healthy breakfast on the go, I also add my owned fruit syrup with fresh or frozen fruits ( will post recipe at a later date). here is the recipe hope you enjoy
These pancakes are fluffy, soft and Delicious, add the wheat germ and flaxseed for added protein, fiber and vitamins. They can be prep ahead of time and assembled or made and then frozen
- 8oz Finely grated pumpkin
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Fine corn meal
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground Flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp Wheat germ
- 2 Eggs (at room temp)
- 1 1/4 cup Milk (room Temp)
- 2 Tbsp Butter (or substitute it for applesauce)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- In a large bowl mix together, Flour, Corn, Baking powder, Salt, Sugar,Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Wheat germ and Flaxseed (if using).
- Microwave butter for 20 sec until soft. In a large mixing cup slowly add butter to milk and then add beaten eggs and vanilla, mix to combine about 10 sec
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and then add grated pumpkin stir the mixture about 10 times then walk away.
- Heat a grill or large frying pan until water fizzles add half tsp butter and distribute around pan lower heat, Using a 1/4 cup scope mixture into hot pan. Once bubbles start to form on top of pancake turn over and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Remove pancake from pan and place on a plate covered with foil
- Serve pancake with syrup or with a nice fruit syrup. Bon appetit